A few things about Amanda
- I plan to attend Baylor University and major in Communication Sciences and Disorders to later become a speech pathologist.
- The things that I have loved most about high school are the friends and memories that I have made because I know many will last a lifetime.
- I serve the community through various volunteering events, and I often help with races and park district activities. I also get several volunteer-based clubs and teams connected with organizations in the area such as FMSC & SCARCE.
- I enjoy science because it is so diverse and answers many questions I have on how/why things work the way they do. I also enjoy Spanish because I have found myself using it outside of the classroom, whether it be in costa Rica or even at work.
- The most inspirational person in my life right now is my cousin Krista. She has four beautiful little girls, ages eight and under, and her husband is full-time deployed in the Air Force. Raising these girls (pretty much) on her own and moving almost every year has not been easy; however, she has remained strong, positive, and selfless throughout it all.
- I would love to meet Rupi Kaur someday because her books are so inspirational; even one poem is so powerful and carries such a strong message.
- Family and friends mean the most to me because I know they will have my back and support me no matter what. They are the people that make life fun and know just how to make me laugh – and for that I am so very thankful!